Safeguarding and Child Protection
At Brookfield Park we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils as set out in ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (DfE September 2020) Mrs Sarah-Jane Whiteside is Designated Safeguarding Leader for Child Protection and her training is up to date. (October 2020).
- Mrs Steph Johanson (October 2020), Mrs Laura Collinson (October 2020) are Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leader for Child Protection
- The Child Protection Governor is Mrs Cath Helm
- All staff, governors, parent helpers, volunteers, supply staff are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service previously known as CRB) cleared.
- All contractors or services regularly used are DBS cleared
- All staff have received safeguarding and child protection training, (September 2021) including prevent
- Safer recruitment is in place Paula Evans (June 2018) Lyn Wignall (May 2016) David Brown (April 2021) Sarah-Jane Whiteside (April 2021)
- All Governors received Safeguarding and Child Protection Training (September 2018)