Safeguarding and Child Protection
At Brookfield Park we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils as set out in ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (DfE September 2019) Miss Paula Evans is Designated Senior Leader for Child Protection and her training is up to date. (October 2019).
- Mrs Steph Johanson (May 2018) and Mrs Sarah-Jane Whiteside (October 2018) are Deputy Designated Senior Leader for Child Protection and her training is up to date
- The Child Protection Governor is Mrs Cath Helm
- All staff, governors, parent helpers, volunteers, supply staff are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service previously known as CRB) cleared.
- All contractors or services regularly used are DBS cleared
- All staff have received safeguarding and child protection training, (September 2019) including prevent (November 2019)
- Safer recruitment is in place Paula Evans (June 2018) Lyn Wignall (May 2016)
- All Governors have received Safeguarding and Child Protection Training (September 2018)